Laddu peethi is a famous street food of Lahore and the subcontinent. Street foods are often considered as unhealthy choices for taking food out. The reason may be some vendors who pay less attention to hygiene or unaware of the practices conducive to cleanliness. Still, there are some places where you could risk your health to taste some Laddu peethi with ‘Khatti Meethi Chatni’. You may at least give your self a try by cooking it at your home.
The recipe is very simple and easy to make. Split Bengal and Urad Lentil are its primary contents. Both have known health benefits. Split bengal gram is a protein-rich supplement and is a popular alternative for animal or meat protein. Urad Lentil contains high quantities of fibre, magnesium and potassium and is extremely beneficial for our heart health.
So if you have not tried Laddu Peethi yet. Or, you have not visited Lahore and desire to taste the famous street food at home. Then try this easy recipe.
Laddu peethi recipe
Apricot Sauce (Khubani ki Chatni)
- 200 grams Dried Apricots (Sookhi Khoobani) Soaked overnight
- 1 ½ cups Fresh water
- 5 – 6 leaves Dried mint leaves (Sokhay poodinay k patay)
- ½ tsp Red chili powder (laal mirch) to taste
- ¼ tsp Salt or to taste
- Cornflout mixed in water as required
- 1 tbsp Sugar (optional)
PLUM SAUCE (ALOO BUKHARA CHATNI)
- 200 grams Dried Plums (Sookhay aloo bukharay) Soaked overnight
- ½ cup Tamarind Pulp (Imli ka goda)
- 1½ cups fresh water
- ⅛ tsp Black salt (Kala namak)
- ⅛ tsp Regular salt
- 1 tsp Paprika powder for color
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour mixed with water
LADDU PEETHI (Lentil Patties)
- ¾ cup each Split Bengal and Urad Lentil (Channay aor Maash ki daal) Soaked overnight
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Sabut Zeera)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Crushed red Chili (Kootay hue laal mirch) or to your taste
- 1 tsp Baking powder
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.