You may have already tried other cheese roll recipes. But, I have brought for you a unique Chicken Cheese Rolls recipe. Unique in the sense that you can make these rolls without rolling sheets or bread.
Chicken Cheese Rolls like Golden Bites recipe uses boiled shredded chicken as the main stuffing ingredient. So if you have already stored shredded chicken, use it or start preparation for shredding the chicken first and then try this recipe. But if you don’t know how to shred chicken, you may find this wiki article helpful.
Chicken Cheese Rolls
Ingredients – Roll Stuffing Mix
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 onion medium sized
- 2 green chilies crushed
- 250 grams chicken boiled
- 1 capsicum
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- cheddar cheese to taste
- all-purpose flour (maida) for coating
- oil for frying
- Use already stored shredded chicken or start anew by boiling the chicken and then shredding it before proceeding any further with this recipe.
- Chop the onion, green chilies, capsicum, and garlic.
- Heat oil to fry finely chopped garlic until lightly golden.
- Add chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Then add chopped green chili and stir to mix. Continue by adding chopped chicken and capsicum.
- Now season with salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour (maida) and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir cook until blended and desired thickness achieved. You can now turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Grease hands with oil and make rolls with a filling of cheddar cheese.
- Coat the roll with all-purpose flour, dip it in the beaten egg and coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and cook the rolls on a medium flame for a few minutes or till you get them a little bit brownish. Make sure to flip over the rolls a few times to ensure even browning.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.