Shallow fish fried with onions
Treating of fish pieces before cooking
- 3 pieces King Mackerel fish (Surmai Machli)
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Vinegar (Sirka)
- ½ cup Gram flour (Besan)
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp Black pepper or to your taste
- ½ tsp Crushed Cumin seeds (Zeera kota hua)
- ¼ tsp Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi)
- ¼ tsp Fish masala
Toping with sliced onion
- 1 pieces Onion (medium sized)
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Turmeric (haldi) powder
- ¼ tsp Red chilies (Lal mirch)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp or juice (imili ka ras)
- Take fish pieces in a plate. Add garlic paste, little bit salt and vinegar and spread it over the fish pieces covering all sides. Keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare Gram (besan) powder mixture by adding in it salt, black pepper, crushed cumin seeds, dried fenugreek leaves and fish masala. Roll over the fish pieces nicely in the gram powder mixture covering all the sides.
- Heat oil 2 – 3 tbsp and fry the fish pieces on low to medium flame. Don't forget to turn sides while frying the fish pieces.
- Cut a medium sized onion in a separate plate and add crushed garlic, salt, turmeric powder, red chilies and tamarind pulp or juice whichever is available. Keep it aside for 5 – 7 minutes. Press the onion with hands to remove excess water and spread evenly on the fish pieces.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 8-9 minutes. When ready, sprinkle chaat masala, decorate with some green chilies and serve.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.