Puff Pastry Dough
- 3 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter unsalted
- Chilled water for making dough as required
- 300 grams unsalted butter (use cold butter for the recipe)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- Take 3 cups of all purpose flour in a large mixing bowl. Add in ½ tsp of salt and 3 tbsp of unsalted butter and gently mix them together.
- Add water and knead well for 5 to 6 minutes. Use water wisely in the process to bring the dough together into a soft, elastic, and cohesive ball. If the dough is tacky, or even a little sticky, don’t worry. It will absorb moisture as you wrap it in plastic and rest in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 300 grams of unsalted butter in an empty bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and mash the butter and shape it into a round ball. Wrap it with plastic and keep it in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the dough from freezer and roll it out into into a rectangle shape. Place the butter block in its center and wrap up all the sides of the dough.
- Again roll the dough out all over again into big rectangle. Then fold it down with your hands and place it in a lightly floured pan. Cover it with plastic and keep it in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the above steps for two more times making total 4 such turns.
- Homemade puff pastry dough is ready to be used and can be stored in freezer for up to 3 months.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.