Sugar Heart Cookies or you may call them Puff Pastry Cookies are delicious sugar coated cookies that every one at you home would love.
If you are fond of baking and willing to spare some extra effort then start by kneading Puff Pastry Dough. The dough is perhaps the hardest part of this recipe. When you are done with the dough making then you can easily make the cookies by just adding sugar the recipe.
Follow the steps listed below.
Puff Pastry Dough
- 3 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter unsalted
- Chilled water for making dough as required
- 300 grams unsalted butter (use cold butter for the recipe)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- Take 3 cups of all purpose flour in a large mixing bowl. Add in ½ tsp of salt and 3 tbsp of unsalted butter and gently mix them together.
- Add water and knead well for 5 to 6 minutes. Use water wisely in the process to bring the dough together into a soft, elastic, and cohesive ball. If the dough is tacky, or even a little sticky, don’t worry. It will absorb moisture as you wrap it in plastic and rest in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 300 grams of unsalted butter in an empty bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and mash the butter and shape it into a round ball. Wrap it with plastic and keep it in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the dough from freezer and roll it out into into a rectangle shape. Place the butter block in its center and wrap up all the sides of the dough.
- Again roll the dough out all over again into big rectangle. Then fold it down with your hands and place it in a lightly floured pan. Cover it with plastic and keep it in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the above steps for two more times making total 4 such turns.
- Homemade puff pastry dough is ready to be used and can be stored in freezer for up to 3 months.
Get the desired quantity of dough and save the other for later use.
Sugar Heart Cookies
- sugar as required
- Follow the instructions shown in the video.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes.
The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.