Show your artistic skills this Ramazan by trying this Braided Design Samosa recipe.
Start by marinating the chicken cubes in a mixing bowl. After 30 minutes of marination fry the cubes in a frying pan. Apply mozzarella cheese to the cooked chicken and keep it aside.
Knead the dough for the samosa and roll it down on a flat surface into a square shaped patties.
Cut the square into 4 equal long bars samosa patties. Make stripes half the way to the samosa patties in such a way that one half of it holds the samosa filling and the other half serves the purpose of interlacing the strips into braids.
Arrange the filling on the patty and fold it into a braided shape. Meanwhile, heat oil and deep fry the samosa on low flame till golden brown. When ready serve with your a favorite sauce.
Braided Design Samosa
For marination of chicken cubes
- 1 cup boneless chicken cubes
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red chilies
- ½ tsp black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp vinegar (sirka)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
For cooking the marinated chicken into samosa filling
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 tbsp sweet corns already boiled. (makai ubly hui)
- 2 tbsp onion
- 1 tbsp seedless tomato
- 2 tbsp capsicum finely chopped (shimla mirch)
- ¼ tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2-3 tbsp pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese to taste
- 2 cups refined flour (maida)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- water as required to knead the dough
- oil for deep cooking
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.