Tandoori Club Sandwich is a desi version of a club sandwich of bread slices with lots of mayonnaise spread, fried-tandoori chicken, lettuce leaves, cheese, and cucumber slices.
Tandori Club Sandwich
- 250 grams chicken boneless
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp tandori masala
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 to 3 tbps yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- fresh bread slices as required
- mayonnaise to taste
- tomato ketchup to taste
- lettuce leaf
- cucumber slices
- cheese slices
- tandoori chicken
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl. Add ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice, paprika powder, tandoori masala, salt, and yogurt. Mix them well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the marinated chicken on high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and continue to cook on low flame till the chicken is done.
- Whisk an egg, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oil over medium flame in a nonstick skillet. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs set around the edge of the skillet, with a spatula, gently push cooked portions toward the center of the skillet. Tilt and rotate the skillet to allow the uncooked egg to flow into space.
- Take three slices of fresh bread and cut off the hardened and browned crust around all sides.
- Grease the grill pan with butter and toast the sandwiches on both sides.
- To make a double-decker club: Arrange three bread slices in a row on a clean work surface. Spread mayonnaise and then tomato ketchup over one side of each bread slice. Place the lettuce leaves, cucumber, omelet, and cheese slices across the base bread. Place the second bread slice on top of the first layered bread. Top with a layer of tandoori chicken. Cover with the third bread slice, mayonnaise side down.
- Using a serrated knife, make a diagonal cut in between to make it more revealing. Pin the sandwich's layers together by piercing them with frill picks through the top to the bottom.
- Repeat the entire process with the remaining ingredients to form 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve with potato fries. Enjoy every bite of your meal!