- ½ cup dried rose petals (wash before use)
- 1½ cups clean water
- 5 – 6 sandal wood sticks
- 1 tbsp Tragacanth Gum گوند کتیرا
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch of citric acid (ٹاٹری)
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- Wash the dried rose petals in clean water.
- Take clean water as per quantity mentioned above in a bowl. Add the rose petal, sandal wood sticks and soak for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer the soaked ingredients to a cooking pan and cook for few minutes.
- Sieve the liquid out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now take 2 cups water in a bowl, add Tragacanth gum in it and soak it for 1 hour. Use a pestle tool to grind the Tragacanth gum if required. Bring it to boil and cook for few minutes on low to medium flame. Sieve it out in a separate bowl using little bit water. keep it aside.
- Cook 4 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water until dissolved.
- Lower the flame and add Tagacanth water (گوند کتیرا پانی) mixture. Stir to mix for few seconds.
- Then add rose sandal water mixture and stir to mix well.
- Add one pinch of citric acid and food color mixed in water. Stir to mix well. Remove any extra foam from the surface using the spoon if required.
- Cook on medium to low flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When done add kewra water and let it cool down completely.
- Laal sharbat is ready and can be stored in fridge for 1 to 2 months.
If you like my recipes, then please visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Also, do not forget to share this recipe. We welcome your feedback to serve better content. So feel free to leave your valuable suggestions and comments at the end of this post.