Presenting your favorite smoky barbecue taste of kababs in a unique snack, we call Seekh Kabab Buns or meat buns.
Seekh Kabab Buns
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- water as required
- 400 grams chicken boneless
- 1 onion medium sized
- 1½ tbsp ginger and garlic crushed
- 2 – 3 green chilies
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chili crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper crushed
- ¼ tsp whole spice powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Sieve the all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl. Add instant yeast, sugar and salt. Mix them using your hand.
- Add egg, warm milk, and oil to make the dough. Use your fingers to mix, add water as required and knead it for 5 to 8 minutes.
- After mixing is complete and the dough is ready, grease the bowl with little oil. Cover the bowl with wrap and rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the buns by grinding boneless chicken, sliced onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, fresh coriander, mint leaves, and other dry ingredients using a blender.
- Take the ground filling out into a bowl. Drop a few drops of oil on a burning coal to give it a smoky barbecue taste with the bowl lid on.
- After enough resting, the dough is ready to be used. Knead it for a while to absorb the moisture gathered around it and punch it down into a round shape.
- Sprinkle some flour over the dry surface so the dough won't stick and roll it down into a rectangle.
- After it’s all rolled out, spread the filling mixture evenly on the surface.
- Use a knife to slice the buns.
- Arrange the buns on the baking tray and bake at 170°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Tasty Meat Buns after baking can be served with your favorite sauce.