Chana Chaat is a must have menu item of Iftar in Ramazan. Here is a simple, quick and easy recipe for you if you have not yet tried it.
- 2 cups chickpeas soaked over night and cooked
- 1 potato boiled
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp crushed cumin seeds (koota hua zeera)
- salt to taste
- 1½ tsp chaat masala
- 3-4 tbsp green chatney (hari chatney)
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind pulp (imli ka ras)
- yogurt mixed with water (phenta hua dahi)
- sliced onion
- seedless tomato slices
- fresh coriander leaves as required
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and simmer for 1 ½ to 2 hours to get the desired tenderness.
- Cut potato into small cubes and bring to boil.
- In a large bowl add cooked chickpeas (chana) and boiled potato cubes. Then season with red chili powder, crushed cumin seeds, salt and chaat masala. Mix well.
- Pour in green chatney, tamarind pulp and yogurt mixed with water. Mix again.
- Lastly, add sliced onion, tomato and fresh coriander leaves. Mix yet again and your chaat is ready to be served.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.