As you know that kabab is a famous barbecue food item and widely used in parties and important family gatherings. So much so that it can be called as a ceremonial food item.
This recipe assumes that you already have Seekh Kababs stored in your freezer for cooking this Malai Seekh Biryani. However, if you haven’t got seekh kababs already made and stored. You don’t have to worry about it because we have already got a Seekh Kabab recipe for you.
When Seekh Kababs are already available in the ingredients list then start preparing Malai Seekh Biryani. Here is the list of ingredients and step you need to follow to make this recipe work for you.
Malai Seekh Biryani
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 150 ml cream
- ¼ cup almond paste (badam ka paste)
- 1 cup water
Malai Creamy Gravy
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 – 2 bay leaves (tez patta)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (darcheeni ka ek tukra)
- 2 green cardamom (hari elachi)
- 8 – 10 black pepper corns (sabit kali mirchain)
- 2 – 3 cloves (laung)
- 2 onions medium sized
- 1½ ginger garlic paste
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder (sufaid mirch powder)
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp green chilies paste (hari mirchon ka paste) or as per taste
- 1 tbsp biryani masala you can also use home-made biryani masala
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 kg Basmati Rice already boiled
- Kewra Essence Kewra water, also called kewra essence or kevda water, is a fragrant floral water which is extracted from the flowers of Pandanus tectorius.
- Take a bowl and squeeze out 1 cup of mayonnaise and add 150 ml cream and ¼ cup of almond paste. Then add about 1 cup of water and mix it with a whisk or other mixing tool. Keep it aside.
- Then warm the frying pan over a medium heat and add ⅔ oil and blend of ground spices as per detail given in the ingredients (also see picture below). Let it fry for few seconds.
- Add onion and cook on low flame until onion becomes soft lightly tinged brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry on medium flame for 2 minutes more.
- Add cumin seeds, seasoning of white pepper powder and salt, green chilies paste and biryani masala. You can also use a home-made biryani masala. Stir to mix and then add 1 cup of yogurt.
- Stir continuously on medium to high flame until oil is separated.
- Now is the time to add the mayo mixture you set aside earlier. Stir well and cover with pan with its lid. Cook on low flame for at least 5 minutes.
- Next grease the vessel (patila) with little oil and turn over in it already boiled Basmati rice in it making a base layer.
- Pour the creamy gravy over the base layer and add another layer of rice and then gravy and repeat the process until you end up with the gravy on the top. Arrange your favorite seek kababs on the top and garnish with mint (podina) and coriander leaves (dhania).
- Cover up with last layer of rice and pour ¼ tsp of Kewra water (essence). Lastly garnish with fried onion, green chilies, mint and coriander leaves. Cover with the pan with its lid for steam cooking (dum).
- Steak cook for 15 minutes. Feast on the creamy seek biryani.
If you like my recipes then please visit visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.