D-shaped samosa or Saudi Arabian style Sambosa is another variant of samosa with savory filling. Unlike other popular samosa shapes, D shaped samosa are very easy to make. You only need to cut the circular patties out of the dough rolled down on a flat surface. After arranging the filling on the patties you only fold them into half-moon shapes and tighten it with just folk in your hand.
In the end you get same your favorite samosa serving you as an appetizer or snack in your menu.
- 1 – 2 tbps oil
- 400 grams chicken (minced)
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- black pepper crushed
- red chilies crushed to taste (optional)
- turmeric little bit
- salt to taste
- 1 piece onion (medium sized)
- ¼ cup spring onion (green part)
- 2 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- water as needed
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add minced chicken and crushed garlic. Stir cook on medium flame till color changes.
- Then season crushed black pepper and red chilies, little bit turmeric and salt to your taste.
- Stir cook on low to medium flame for few minutes. Then add onion nicely chopped onion and cook for 3 – 4 more minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Add ¼ cup of green part of spring onion and stir to mix.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of all purpose flour (maida), salt, and clarified butter (ghee). Using your hand mix them together and add water as needed.
- Kneed hard dough, apply some oil and rest it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- On a flat surface roll down the dough thin and evenly. If the dough is rolled thick, it will take a long time for the dough to get cooked.
- Next take any round steel bowl having thin edges to cut the small circular patties out of the flattened dough. Carefully lift the extra dough revealing the patties.
- Arrange the chicken filling and fold the patti from one side down the way to the other side to make a D-shape samosa and covering the filling inside. Use fork to to tighten the the lips of the samosa. Repeat the process until for rest of the samosa.
- Start cooking by heating the oil in a frying pan. Deep fry the samosas on low to medium flame till they get golden and crispy.
- Take out on an absorbent paper and serve with your favorite chatney/sauce.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes.
The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. So, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.