Afghani Korma Recipe
- 4-5 cups water
- ½ kg mutton (bakray ka gosht)
- ½ tsp salt
Other ingredients and Assembling
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 large sized onion
- 1½ tbsp ginger and garlic crushed into paste form
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 1 tsp korma masala (optional)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (laal mirch powder)
- 4-5 whole red chilies
- mutton stock (bachi hoi mutton yakhni)
- ¼ tsp whole spice powder (garam masala powder)
- few drops of kewra water
- Simmer mutton in water. Add salt and cook on low flame until meat becomes tender.
- Separate the cooked meat from the stock (yahkni) and save it for later use.
- Heat oil and fry a large sized onion until golden.
- Add the cooked (boiled) mutton, ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup yogurt and korma masala. Add little bit salt if needed.
- Continue by adding red chili powder and whole red chilies.
- Now add the mutton stock (yakhni) that you had kept aside for later use.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook on medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Add whole spice powder (garam masala) and few drops of kewra water. Cover the pan again and simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Afghani Korma is ready to be served.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes.
The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. So, you can visit my site any time to look for written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.