White Chicken Karhai is a savory restaurant style recipe that you would love to try at home. Try this recipe and share your experience with us. Submit your feedback or rank this recipe by filling up the form at the end of this post.
White Chicken Karahi
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 onion medium sized (chopped)
- 750 grams chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- salt to taste
- 400 grams yogurt
- 4 – 5 green chilies
- ginger to taste
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 piches whole spice powder
- Heat oil in cooking pan then add finely chopped onion in it.⅓ cup oil, 1 onion
- Add chicken and stir continuously for 2 minutes on medium flame.750 grams chicken
- Add garlic paste and stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes more on medium flame.1 tbsp garlic
- Cover the pan with lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir for while and add all the seasonings.1 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, salt
- Add yogurt and mix it well.400 grams yogurt
- Cover the pan with lid and cook on low to medium flame until chicken becomes tender.
- With lid open cook cook on high flame until liquid dries.
- Add green chilies, ginger slices to taste and stir for a while.4 – 5 green chilies, ginger
- Add fresh cream and stir to mix it.½ cup fresh cream
- Cover with lid again and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes or until oil gets separated.
- When ready season with black pepper and whole spice powder. Stir to mix well and server your meal.½ tsp black pepper, 2 piches whole spice powder