Tortilla is a tender and chewy circular flatbread. Here is how you can easily make it at home.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- water as required
- Sieve all-purpose flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine other ingredients, gradually pour water as required, and knead well to bring the mixture together.
- Knead for around 5 mins until you make a soft, smooth ball of dough. Apply some oil and rest it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now knead the dough again and divide it into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion as thin as possible into a round tortilla ready to cook.
- Cook on low to medium flame until lightly browned, about one minute on each side. Use a kitchen cloth to cover the tortillas to serve them warm.