Sindhi Masala Bhindi cooks amazingly tasty. If you have not yet tried it then here is link to this recipe on my YouTube Channel. Here is the detail of ingredients used in thi recipe and written instructions.
You can submit your feedback through the form given at the end of this post.
Sindhi Masala Bhindi
Ingredients for Bhindi Masala
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 – 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp dried pomegranate seeds (annar dana)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 125 grams Okra (Bhindi)
- 3 oinons
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 potatoes medium sized
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek (kasoori methi)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- ½ tsp turmeric (haldi)
- salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 4 – 5 green chiles
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh coriander leaves
Making Bhindi Masala
- Use a wooden mortar and pestle to prepare Bhindi (Okra) Masala. Add garlic, green chilies and dried pomegranate seeds in it and pound them into a paste form. Then add the seasonings and oil in it.
- Keep aside.
Cleaning and slicing okra
- Rinse okra in clean water very well and drain all the water. Spread them on a plate to dry naturally or you can also use a kitchen towel to wipe them dry. Make sure okra should be completely dry before you proceed with the next step.
- Trim off the the head end tail end of okra with a knife. Next, slice open the bhindi without breaking it into two parts. Make sure that the whole okra should be intact. If the okra is too long you can cut it into two parts from the center for easy cuts.
- Repeat the above steps with all of okra and keep them aside.
- With your thumbs and fingers gently open the sliced part and stuff the bhindi masala in each okra with a small spoon or with your fingers.
- Repeat with the entire lot of okra.
- Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and add sliced onion. Fry them until light golden.
- Next, add slices of potato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasonings, slices of tomato and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and layer up the stuffed okra and green chilies.
- With lid on cook on low flame for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ready squeeze lemon juice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.