Mughlai Chicken recipe shared in this post is one of the popular dishes of the Indian subcontinent. Those dishes were probably developed by combination of cooking styles and recipes of Indian subcontinent with Central Asian and Iranian cuisine during the Mughal Empire.
The taste of Mughlai dishes is well-known for their taste and extensive use of spices like saffron, cardamom, black pepper, dry fruits and nuts. Heavy cream, milk and butter serve purpose of curry bases.
Mughlai Chicken is very easy to make and demonstrates richness of taste of royal Mughal cuisine.
- 1½ cup yogurt (dahi)
- 1 medium sized onion finely sliced and fried
- 3 pieces green chilies
- 1½ tbsp desiccated coconut (khopra)
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic crushed into paste form
- 1½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1½ tsp crushed red chili
- 1½ tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper or to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric (haldi powder)
- ½ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds (zeera koota hua)
- ½ piece lemon juice (lemon ka ras)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp whole spice mix
- ½ cup cashew nut and almonds paste (kaju aor badam ka paste)
- ½ cup water or as required
- ⅔ cup heave cream (dairy cream)
- ½ tsp whole spice powder
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
We welcome your feedback to serve a better content. So feel free to leave your valuable suggestions and comments at the end of this post.