Coin-shaped, melt-in-mouth, crispy biscuits with rich eggy flavor. Since they are made with eggs, they are called Egg biscuits. This is a popular snack both in India and Pakistan. These biscuits have several names like drop biscuits, coin biscuits, bean biscuits, Mutta biscuits, and Wine biscuits.
Follow the easy steps mentioned in this recipe to bake simple and tasty Egg Biscuits. Ingredients detail is as under.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch orange food color (zarda)
- Sieve all purpose flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat two eggs in a separate bowl. Add casting sugar and whisk until combined. It may be noted that all ingredients used should be at room temperature.
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence, orange food color, and whisk to mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the butter mixture little by little. Continue to stir in between till thick batter is prepared.
- Fill the piping bag with the batter. After filling, twist the upper half of the bag to seal, so that you can squeeze the desired amount of filling through the tip. For a neat result, use one hand to keep the bag shut and squeeze it while guiding the tip with your free hand.
- Grease the baking tray with butter or oil, and place a butter papper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150 degrees centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel for daily recipes.
The written contents of my recipe videos released on my channel are also being frequently published on my website. Therefore, you can visit my site any time to look for the written content of your favorite recipes.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.