- 1 full chicken (cut into 2 Leg and 2 chest pieces)
- 3 to 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic (crushed into paste form)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds (dhania koota hua)
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds (zeera koota hua)
- ½ tsp whole spice powder (garam masala powder)
- ⅛ tsp orange food color (zarda rang)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken for 2 to 3 hours with marinating mixture made up with the ingredients mentioned above.
- Steam cook the chicken pieces on low flame for 30 minutes or until chicken becomes tender.
- Give coal some coal smoke to get some barbecue feeling.
- Heat some oil and fry the chicken peaces from both sides.
- Chicken Tikka are ready to be served.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.