Chelo Kabab is a famous Iranian dish consisting of steamed rice served with accompaniments such as butter, grilled onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
Chelo Kabab with Butter Rice
- 500 grams chicken boneless
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika powder (optional)
- 1 tsp coriander crushed
- 1 tsp red chili crushed or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp butter
- oil for frying
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 green chilies
- 2 – 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- ½ kg basmati rice boiled with salt
- 1 pinch saffron threads soaked in water
- butter rice
- Chullo Kebab
- grilled vegetables
- French fries
- Add all the ingredients of kabab in a blender and blend them well. As an alternate, you can also use mutton or beef mince in kababs.
- Take the meat mixture out in a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grease your hands with oil and make kebabs by pressing the meat well to barbecue skewer. Pinch the meat with your fingers regularly throughout the skewer every inch to give its characteristic shape. Gently remove the skewer and arrange the kababs for cooking.
- Heat some oil and fry the kababs on low to medium flame. Turn them regularly to ensure kababs are nicely cooked for approximately 15 minutes.
- When ready take them out on a plate. Use an kitchen absorbent paper sheet to remove oil from kababs.
- Cut the tomatoes and onions into desired shape.
- Heat the grill pan and grease it with butter.
- Broil the vegetables on the grilled pan and keep aside when done.
- Heat the cooking pan and add butter and oil to it.
- Add garlic and fry it until golden.
- Now add basmati rice already boiled with salt.
- Add the saffron thread that you have already soaked in water.
- With lid on steam cook on very low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Prepare your plate with rice with kababs, grilled vegetables and French fries on the top.