- ½ cup melted butter or clarified butter (pighla hua makhan ya ghee)
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp milk or as required
- Take a mixing bowl, add melted butter, powder sugar and whisk to mix them until combined.
- Then sieve all-purpose flour in the bowl. Followed by desiccated coconut and baking powder. Use baking spatula to mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Gradually add milk, do not knead just combine to form a dough making sure it has a crumbly texture.
- With the help of a cookie cutter, cut cookies into any desired shape. I have used a measuring spoon and using the palm of my hand flattened slightly thick shaped the cookies into round shape.
- Coat the cookies with coconut and arrange them on baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Bake the cookies in preheated oven at 170° C for 15 to 18 minutes till they turn slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Cookies will be soft when hot, and turn crunchy when cooled.
- Serve the cookies as treats with tea or you can store them in airtight container for at least 2 weeks.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
We welcome your feedback to serve a better content. So feel free to leave your valuable suggestions and comments at the end of this post.