Chicken wontons are a delicious and easy appetizer that can be enjoyed any time of the year. They are especially popular during Ramadan, when they can be served as a filling snack or a light meal after a long day of fasting. Chicken wontons are made with thin wrappers filled with seasoned ground chicken and then fried until golden and crispy. They can be dipped in a variety of sauces, such as soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, or sweet and sour sauce.
If you love Chinese food, you will love this chicken wonton recipe. Wontons are small dumplings that are filled with various ingredients and cooked in broth or fried. They are easy to make at home and can be customized to your taste.
Here is a simple recipe for making chicken wontons at home.
Chicken Wontons Ingredients
- CHICKEN BONELESS 200 GRAM
- SPRING ONION GREEN PART 1 CUP
- CAPSICUM 1/2
- GREEN CHILIES 2-3
- CHICKEN CUBE 1/4
- SALT TO TASTE
- BLACK PEPPER 1/4 TSP
- SOY SAUCE 1 TBSP
- OIL 1 TSP
- WONTON SHEETS OR MANDA PATTI
- EGG WHITE OIL FOR FRYING
To make the filling, combine the chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, capsicum, green chilies, and spring onion, in a grinder. Grind well and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
To wrap the wontons, place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and spoon about a teaspoon of filling in the center. Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold it in half to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal and then bring the two corners together and pinch them. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
To cook the wontons, bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the wontons and simmer for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
Enjoy this delicious chicken wonton recipe with your family and friends. You can also freeze the uncooked wontons for later use. Just make sure to separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
Chicken Wonton Recipe
- 200 grams chicken boneless
- 1 cup spring onion green part
- ½ capsicum
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- ¼ chicken cube
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- wonton sheets or manda patti
- egg white
- oil for frying
- Add chicken, spring onion, capsicum, and green chilies in a blender. Add chicken cube and all the seasonings and grind well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Place a wonton sheet on a flat surface and spoon about a teaspoon of the mixture in the center.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton sheet with water and fold it in half to form a triangle. Press the edges firmly to seal them.
- Repeat with the remaining wonton sheets and mixture. You can also fold the wontons into other shapes, such as squares or crescents, if you prefer.
- Fry the wontons on medium heated oil or broth for about 10 minutes, or until they become golden brown.