Potato Cutlets with a squeeze of lemon is simple yet refreshing appetizer recipe. With less ingredients you can easily make vegetable cutlets in a very short time. So why not give it a try.
- 3 potatoes already boiled (large sized)
- 1-2 pinches turmeric (haldi)
- red chilies to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhaniya)
- ½ tsp crushed cumin seeds (koota zeera)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp onion
- 1-2 green chilies
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1-2 tbsp seedless tomato
- lemon juice as per your taste
- oil for frying the cutlets
- Take 3 large sized potatoes and cut them into cubes and boil until fork tender. You can test this by poking the potato with a fork, paring knife, or skewer. If the utensil slides easily all the way to the center, the potatoes are done.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a large bowl and crush lightly with a masher or the back of a fork.
- Add turmeric, red chilies, black pepper powder, coriander, crushed cumin seeds, and salt. Also add other vegetables like onion, green chilies, fresh coriander leaves and seedless tomato. And for light and fresh flavor add lemon juice as per your taste.
- Mix everything well to make a non sticky dough base for the cutlets.
- Grease the hands with oil and shape the dough into round cutlets. Coat each cutlet lightly in flour or breadcrumbs, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and fry the cutlets until golden from both sides.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions at the end of this post.