Matar Cheese Paratha
- ½ cup boiled peas
- 1 boiled potato
- 1-2 crushed green chilies
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- ½ tsp chat masala
- cheddar cheese to taste
- chopped onion (optional)
Dough for Paratha
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup refined flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- water as required
- Boil peas and potato before hand. Add them in a mixing bowl and mash with hand or a masher.
- Take 1 or 2 green chilies. Crush them and add with the meshed mixture.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves. Optionally, you can also add chopped onion if you like.
- Season with salt, black pepper and chaat masala. Then add desired quantity of cheddar cheese.
- For making paratha add wheat flour, refined flour, salt, yogurt and clarified butter. Knead the dough well by gradually adding the required volume of water.
- Using the fist of your hand push it gently and firmly into the dough. Fold the edges of the dough into a ball. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After enough rest, knead the dough again to reduce the surface moisture.
- Make smaller balls and apply some oil. Dust some flour to avoid sticking the dough with the dough roller or the surface.
- Roll down the dough on the flattened surface into round paratha halves.
- Spread the cheese filling mixture on one half and cover it with the other half. Roll the layered both halves down to make up a perfect bond.
- Heat up the griddle (tawa) and apply clarified butter on the tawa. Cook on medium flame. Change sides and apply clarified butter on the surface of the paratha as required.
- Server aesthetically.
If you like my recipes then please visit and subscribe my YouTube channel for daily recipes. Don’t forget to share this recipe.
We welcome your feedback to serve a better content. So feel free to leave your valuable suggestions and comments at the end of this post.